April 29, 2016
Sisters and Brothers:
The Mechanic & Related/Stores Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of April 25th in Washington, D.C. During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:
- Temporary Employees: We reached a tentative agreement to eliminate this article.
- Hours of Service: We exchanged proposals on this article specific to rebids (bids).
- Meal Periods: We continued discussions on this article.
- Training: The Committee continued work on this article in preparation to respond to the company’s proposal.
- Shift Swaps: We exchanged several proposals and have narrowed this issue down to what we understand to be a single item.
- Grievance Procedure: We continued discussions on this article, which is the basis for enforcing the contract. We are down to one item and will continue to work to achieve a tentative agreement.
- General and Miscellaneous: We continued to move items from this article to more appropriate areas of the agreement in an effort to simplify the contract. We will continue this process during upcoming sessions.
At the request of the membership, the following is a list of articles on which we have reach tentative agreements.
|Purpose||Preamble||Safety & Health|
|Bulletin Boards||Uniforms||MCT-Dress Attire|
|Sick Leave||Leaves of Absence||Part Time Employees/Eliminated|
|Absence from Duty||Representation||Probationary Period|
|Management Rights||No Strike / No Lockout||Fitness for Duty|
|Recognition of Rights and Compliance||System Board of Adjustment/Arbitration||Temporary Employees/Eliminated|
The parties have agreed to the negotiations schedule below for the next two months:
The week of May 9 – DCA • The week of May 16 – DFW • The week of May 23 – DFW
The week of June 13 – DFW • The week of June 20 – DCA • The week of June 27 – DFW
Jason Best Mike Bush Ken Coley John Coveny
Dale Danker Mark Huﬀman Bennie Martino Gary Peterson
Larry Pike Sean Ryan Jay Sleeman Mark Strength