Contract negotiations became stalled out and tedious when negotiations changed from an Allied designee to Mr. Rose himself heading up the negotiations. After a lengthy process, we have reached a tentative agreement between Allied Aviation and the IAM.
Below are listed some notable changes and highlights of the tentative agreement:
Entry level and anniversary/step level wage increases.
- Overscale employees quarterly bonus
- Signing bonus
- Minimum four (4) hours overtime for maintenance called back to work with agreement to waive
- Health insurance provided to employees following the completion of 60 days employment with a reduction from 30% to 20% for employee responsible portion.
- Increase payment to employees that opt-out of the medical health program.
- Ability to sell back to the company the unused personal day, all accrued vacation and credited sick day bank.
- Equal Treatment clause added
- Retained four (4) weeks of vacation for employees hired prior to 10/1/14.
- Increase in uniform and tool allowances
- Improved language on workplace safety
- Addition of transitional work program
- Added provision for reduction in force given to fill a vacancy elsewhere in the system
- Company provided 401 (k) savings plan
Although your negotiations committee strived to get higher increased wages — the company was firm with the increases. Due to the lengthy negotiations, this contract will be up for renewal in January of 2017 which will be an opportunity to re-negotiate wage increases.
Ratification vote will take place between the hours of 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on April 1, 2015 in the shop.
Thank you for your patience and endurance.
POST ON ALL IAM BULLETIN BOARDS