We continued negotiations on Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at the District 142 Office in Kansas City. After numerous exchanges of proposals with little change in the Company’s position we managed to come to agreement on the following terms:
- The existing wage scales for both Fuelers and Mechanics will have Steps 2 -9 increased by an additional five cents ($.05) per Step. Staff will continue to progress through the scale.
- There will be a $125.00 signing bonus for all employees’ hired prior to ratification.
- Employees off/above the top of the scales will receive the following :
First Year – $400.00 lump sum
Second Year – ten cents ($.10) per hour additional to their hourly rate
Third Year – fifteen cents ($.15) per hour additional to their hourly rate
- Continued participation in the IAM National Pension Fund at current contribution rate
- Introduction of two new classifications – UTILITY Person & TANK FARM Person
- New Part-time wage scale – six steps
- Medical Contribution
First Year – remains at current 17%
Second Year – 20%
Third Year – 20%
- Changes to benefit entitlement for staff hired after date of ratification
- Three year agreement, July 01, 2015 – June 30, 2018
- Amendment to Lead’s vacation selection process
- Transitional Light Duty Program for employees injured on the job
The Tentative Agreement has been approved by the Grand Lodge in Washington, D.C. and the negotiating committee is recommending its ratification. An additional bulletin will follow advising everyone of the date, time and place of the ratification vote. The intention is to hold the vote at the base in Kansas City. Please address all questions and concerns to the members of your negotiating committee for the correct response.
Al Matthys Sarah Sommers
NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE MEMBERS