Sisters and Brothers,
The Mechanic & Related/Stores Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines the week of May 9th in Washington, D.C. During this week’s sessions, your Negotiating Committee exchanged and discussed the following articles:
• Hours of Service – We exchanged this proposal with the company and engaged in discussions on this article specific to Rebids (Bids).
• Training – We continued to work on this article to prepare for our response to the company’s proposal.
• Shift Swaps – We received an answer to this proposal from the company and are dissatisfied with their response. The issue is narrowed down to a single item and we have provided a reasonable solution, but the company is currently unwilling to move from their position and has not provided any reasonable argument to support their stance. Your committee has decided to put this article aside in an effort to continue moving these negotiations forward and will revisit this article in the future.
• Hours of Service–MCT-MTS–We have received counter proposals from the company and continue to work on these articles.
Your committee received a visit from TWU International President and TWU-IAM Joint Association Vice Chair Harry Lombardo on Tuesday. He addressed the committee, and restated his commitment and support to the Association and these negotiations.
|Purpose||Preamble||Safety & Health|
|Bulletin Boards||Uniforms||MCT-Dress Attire|
|Sick Leave Leaves of Absence||Leaves of Absence||Part Time Employees/Eliminated|
|Absence from Duty||Representation||Probationary Period|
|Management Rights||No Strike / No Lockout||Fitness for Duty|
|Recognition of Rights and Compliance||System Board of Adjustment/Arbitration||Temporary Employees/Eliminated|
Below is the negotiations schedule for the next two months:
• The week of May 16 – DFW • The week of May 23 – DFW • The week of June 13 – DFW
• The week of June 20 – DCA • The week of June 27 – DFW
Jason Best Mike Bush Ken Coley John Coveny
Dale Danker Mark Huﬀman Bennie Martino Gary Peterson
Larry Pike Sean Ryan Jay Sleeman Mark Strength