We have received complaints regarding the FMLA process and are currently scheduling a meeting with the Company to address these concerns. Many times the issues are able to be resolved prior to filing a grievance however, when our members are filing for FMLA they may be suffering from debilitating health problems, so it is extremely important that the FMLA department functions to the best of its ability in order to make the process as efficient as possible for our members in need of FMLA.
Our goal is to find out the root causes of these issues in order to have them permanently corrected but in order to do that we need to have specific incidents to investigate where the problems originate.
If you have experienced any of the following issues or any other issues with the FMLA department please email mjohnson-cooper@iamDL142.org with “FMLA” in the subject line:
- Miscalculation of duty hours which resulted in a false denial of your FMLA certification
- Receiving a denial of your FMLA certification and later an approval without any changes to the certification form being made
- Receiving an approval of your FMLA certification and later a denial without any changes to the certification form being made
- Being spoken to in a way that is unprofessional by the FMLA department employees
- Denial of FMLA certification without an explanation regarding why it was denied
*Please forward all corresponding documentation and if it involves a phone conversation include time, date and phone number called from.
Melissa Brennan Marche Johnson-Cooper