If you have been denied FMLA for any reason please contact a grievance representative to assist you through the process. Please note that the reference to “the employer’s usual notice and procedural requirements” below is the same as any other 2 hour sick call procedure.
CFR 825.303 in part states when utilizing unforeseeable FMLA, as soon as practicable you must provide notice to the Company about your leave. 825.303(c). Notice may be given by the employee’s spokesperson (e.g., spouse, adult family member, or other responsible party), if the employee is unable to do so personally. If an employee does not comply with the employer’s usual notice and procedural requirements, and no unusual circumstances justify the failure to comply, FMLA-protected leave may be delayed or denied.
If you were assessed a Missed Trip/Trip Failure because you were unable to call in two hours prior in accordance with Company policy please follow the appeal procedures below:
- Email an appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place Missed Trip/Trip Failure in the subject line.
- You don’t have to provide any details regarding your medical condition.
- You do need to provide details as to how your medical condition prevented you from meeting the callout period.
- The appeal should be sent within 30 days from the date of the Missed Trip/Trip Failure in question.
- Always cc your grievance representative(s) in your appeal.
Please email your appeal as soon as possible and be aware of your grievance timeline requirements as well. If you have a question about filing a grievance or the grievance timeline please contact your Local grievance representative(s).
When calling out fatigued, please make sure you complete an ASAP, Fatigue Report, Fatigue Sleep Form and IOR.
You will need to log on to the Company website and go to the Navigation bar:
- Safety>ASAP>(Quick Links on the right side of the page) Click here to file an ASAP report type in password> Inflight>Add New ASAP Report
- Safety>ASAP>(Quick Links on the right side of the page) Click here to file an ASAP report type in password> Inflight>Add New Fatigue Report
- Safety>Fatigue Management>complete Fatigue Sleep Form> email form to email@example.com
- Safety>IOR>Create new IOR
Submitted by Marche Johnson Cooper
There were 2 grievances filed in ATL this week, 1 in DTW and 2 in DFW. One grievance has been appealed to Grievance Mediation.
submitted by Sara Gonzales
Step 2 Grievances
This week, we received two grievances from ORD, five grievances from EWR, one from DFW and and two from IAH for appeal to Step 2. The base breakdown for the current pending Step 2 grievances is as follows:
We will be hearing the pending Step 2 grievances later in January.
We have confirmed our next grievance mediation dates will be February 9-11 in conjunction with CRJ grievance mediation in Atlanta.
Upcoming Local Lodge Meetings
EWR Embassy Suites
95 Glimcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3pm
transportation provided from EWR P-4
2339O (CLE & ORD)
ORD Best Western
10300 W Higgins Rd, Rosemont, Illinois, 60018
Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1pm
transportation provided from ORD bus/shuttle center
2339H (ERJ-DFW & IAH)
Ramada Houston Intercontinental East
6115 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX 7733
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1pm
transportation available from IAH
2339A (CRJ-DFW, DTW & ATL)
Fairfield Inn & Suites
1255 Walker Ave. East Point, GA 30344
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2pm
transportation available from ATL