District Lodge 142 Mobile App
Your District 142 Staff is excited to announce the launch of your very own mobile app for ExpressJet Flight Attendants. Over the past few months, your new app has been built from the ground up, encompassing the unique tools that our membership can thrive off of. Below is a list of the many functions we have created in the initial platform:
- ExpressJet News: Weekly Updates, Alerts, and Bulletins from your District Representatives
- District 142 News: Updates from all of our airline members within the IAM
- District 142 Observer
- District 142 Email Subscription: Stay alert on everything from negotiations to grievance trends
- Electronic Local Lodge Rep Request: Submit your contact info & your rep will contact you!
- ERJ & CRJ Contracts & Guides: The “need-to-know” while you are flying
- Supplemental Insurance by National Group Protection
- Flight Safety Contacts, ASAP versus IOR, & EAP Contact Info
- Call to Action: Don’t miss another rally or solidarity event across the system
- MNPL: What is MNPL? Learn how to join your coworkers while we lobby in Washington, D.C.
- Photo Gallery, Video Gallery, and Photo Submission
- About the IAM: “Who we are…” Learn who your fellow members are around the airports
- Other Online Resources: The IAM, DL 142, MNPL, Guide Dogs, KCM, and Union Plus website links
- Local Lodge Meeting Locations: “Allow Push Notifications” for meeting notifications
- Local Lodge and District Lodge Bylaws
…& much more to come!
This new tool is available through the Google Play store and the Apple iTunes store under IAMAW with the following icon:
or click the appropriate link:
***For those of you downloading from the Apple App Store, and you have the most recent software update, you will need to follow these simple instructions to access the app:
- Go to Settings>General>Profile>Atlantic Mobile Apps>Click “Trust”
Lastly, as we noted above, you will now have the capability to receive meeting reminders, call to action alerts, and potentially emergency alerts through “Push Notifications.” When you open your App, be sure to “Allow Push Notifications” in order to be reached immediately!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact your District Representatives.
District Lodge 142 YouTube Channel
As we move into 2016, we remain committed to continuously improving communication with our membership in new and innovative ways. To kick off the New Year, we are pleased to roll out the District Lodge 142 YouTube Channel. We believe in meeting the membership where they are, so we are proud that you can look forward to videos that will be available to you no matter where you are on the following topics:
- ASAP & Safety
- Legislative Issues
- Supplemental Insurance Benefits available to IAM members
- Commuting Tips & Tricks
- How to use the CRJ/ERJ Commuter Clauses
- How to read Crew Pay
- Health & Wellness
- Reserve Issues
- And many more
To view our new YouTube Channel click here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZaHmLnmJ9PziWXdEryRC9g
Make sure to click “Subscribe” to stay up to date with the latest videos and information.
If you have a suggestions for the channel or any of our videos please contact Sara Gonzales at sgonzales@iamDL142.org
We have confirmed our next grievance mediation dates will be February 9-11 for both CRJ and ERJ in Atlanta.
Submitted by Marche Johnson Cooper
There were 3 grievance filed in ATL this week, 1 in DTW and 1 in DFW. One grievance has been appealed to Grievance Mediation.
submitted by Sara Gonzales
Step 2 Grievances
The base breakdown for the current pending Step 2 grievances is as follows:
We will be hearing the pending Step 2 grievances the last week of January.
Upcoming Local Lodge Meetings
2339H (ERJ-DFW & IAH)
Ramada Houston Intercontinental East
6115 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX 7733
Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1pm
transportation available from IAH
2339A (CRJ-DFW, DTW & ATL)
Fairfield Inn & Suites
1255 Walker Ave. East Point, GA 30344
Wednesday, January 20, 2016 2pm
transportation available from ATL
EWR Embassy Suites
95 Glimcher Realty Way, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Tuesday, February 9, 2016 3pm
transportation provided from EWR P-4
2339O (CLE & ORD)
ORD Best Western
10300 W Higgins Rd, Rosemont, Illinois, 60018
Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1pm
transportation provided from ORD bus/shuttle center