IAM Weighs Options Following Flight Attendant Vote
June 29, 2011
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today said they are weighing all available options following an election to determine representation rights for more than 24,000 Flight Attendants at the new United Airlines.
The election was between the IAM, which represented approximately 9,500 Continental and Continental Micronesia Flight Attendants, and the AFA-CWA, which represented approximately 15,100 Flight Attendants at United Airlines.
The IAM is investigating multiple violations of election rules by the Association of Flight Attendants-Communications Workers of America (AFA-CWA).
According to the National Mediation Board, the IAM received 9,745 votes, and the AFA-CWA received 11,942 votes.
updated 11:42 a.m. CDT, July 1, 2011
Latest News and Bulletins
- DISTRICT 142 SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS - 2011
- Continental Flight Attendant Update
- Duplicate PIN/VIN Request Form
- IAM Survey, Additional Meet and Greets
- Make Sure Your IAM Vote is Counted!
- Continental Micronesia Flight Attendants Get Ready for Election
- IAM Launches Combined Contract Survey
- IAM Welcomes Flight Attendant Single Carrier Ruling at United Airlines
- H.R. 658 – FAA Reauthorization and Reform Act of 2011
- IAM Responds to Crisis in Japan
- IAM Answers Questions From United Flight Attendants
- IAM / Continental Micronesia, Inc. Update
- SENIORITY MATTERS
- IAM Reaches Tentative Interim Agreement with Continental
IAM Flight Attendants Reach Tentative
Interim Continental Airlines Agreement
- Labor Day Message From District 142
- District 142 Community Services Committee Formed
- Continental to Seek Single Carrier Status with Continental Micronesia
Coalition of Flight Attendant Unions Implore
Congress to Pass the FAA Reauthorization Bill
- DOJ Approves Continental-United Merger
- Continental Negotiations Update and Information About the Process
CO Negotiators Respond to Coordinated Bargaining Offer
(The original proposal letter from the United union representatives can be viewed here.)
IAM/Continental Micronesia, Inc. Flight Attendants Agreement
Call For Contract Proposals
- United, Continental Meet With Machinists Union
- IAM and Continental Airlines Meet on Merger
- Letter to Continental Micronesia Members Concerning CAL/UAL Merger
- IAM Representatives Explain Stress Flight Attendants Deal with Daily
- Counterfeit Email Sent to IAM Flight Attendants Not From IAM
- NMB Proposes Rule Change to Destroy Northwest Unions
- Explanation Regarding Proposed Restructuring of Dues
- Continental Micronesia Closing Saipan and Offering Early Out and COLAs
- Good News Regarding the National Pension Plan's Funding Status
- $100 Dues - No! A Fairer Dues Structure - Yes!
- Winpisinger Center Hosts First ITF Women's Summer School